Thursday, January 4, 2007

Team Dynamics

Today I spent time with my newly created team in my MBA program. In this phase we are focusing on a marketing project which includes the development and sale of a new technology. During this simulation we will be competing against other teams the winner is the team with the most profit. The team is outstanding and very diverse and will push each of us to think critically when making decisions.

You can tell the amount of trust that is being built in the program. People are losing their initial passive approach and becoming more assertive. We are all Type A personalities and it is interesting to see people develop as the program moves forward. One person in particular is outstanding and is a tremendous asset to the newly formed team. I have worked with her in the past and the experience has always been good. If I had a business today I would want her on my team.

This team will give me a ton of experience and a different outlook on how to view marketing plans across industries. We will push each other into different directions and force each other to validate their arguments (no fluff). I am excited to start this next phase.

No comments: